This listing is for a DOWNLOADABLE PDF pattern only! You are NOT purchasing a completed LindSport mini backpack! Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel and join our Facebook group “Linds Handmade Designs” to show off your creations!
With this purchase you will receive a PDF pattern with full pattern pieces, detailed pictures, and step by step instructions on how to make your own mini backpack. There is even a full length how-to video on our YouTube channel, Linds Handmade Designs, showing you how to make this bag from start to finish if you need any additional support.
This is an intermediate pattern, in that it uses advanced bag making techniques that require the sewer to have a general familiarity with bag making. It requires accurate cutting/sewing and installing a curved zipper which can be challenging for new sewers.
Specs: approximately 10” wide by 3” deep and 12” tall. Straps are cut 40” long and fully adjustable with a convenient grab handle along the top. It features a front 3 D pocket with 2 pen pockets and a larger slip pocket and has a large back exterior zipper pocket and optional key clip. Inside has a slip pocket. This pattern uses binding on the final finishes on the interior of the bag.
You may sell the items you make from this pattern on a small scale handmade basis, and credit is appreciated. (Not intended for commercial use.)
LindSport Mini Backpack PDF sewing pattern, DIY backpack purse
Some of the pattern pieces are oriented landscape and some in portrait mode due to their shapes and sizes in order to fit onto the page. It’s not uncommon for a printer to default to a different printing percentage in order to get it to print “right”. So for my printer for example, I choose letter size but then it defaults to “fit to printable area”. I have to unclick that box and click the blank box and type “100%”. Also you’ll want to make sure that neither the “portrait” nor “landscape” button is checked, because it needs to be on “auto”.
Materials & Supplies:
• ¾ yard main fabric (includes length for straps/carrying handle)
• ⅓ yard waterproof canvas (WPC)
• ⅓ yard accent fabric
• ¼ yard of 17” Decovil Light (more if not using WPC for lining)
• 1 yard of 45” woven interfacing (*fabric dependent)
• 1¼ yards of #5 zipper tape and 4 matching pulls
(if using metal zipper tape, make sure it is two-way)
• (2) 1” rectangle rings
• (2) 1” strap adjusters (with rounded corners for comfort)
• (1) ⅝” swivel clasp (*optional)
• (11) small rivets (*optional)
• 95” of 1” webbing for straps/carrying handle (*optional)
• 5/32” leather hole punch or rotary punch (*optional)
• Rotary cutter
• Quilting ruler
• Wonder clips
• Removable marking pen/chalk
• (1) roll of ¼” double-sided tape, Fabri-Tac™, or craft glue stick
• 2½ yards of ½” double fold bias tape (*only if not using WPC)
Please note, there are no refunds on PDF patterns once the pattern has been downloaded.